Saturday, August 9, 2008

Laloo Prasad Yadav's Blog

I am sure if you are an Indian, then you have certainly heard of someone called Laloo Prasad Yadav. But I am sure if you were a student at Harvard Business School, you might still have heard of this man. Paranjoy Guha Thakurta is a well known and a senior journalist and I found one of his articles on Laloo Prasad Yadav published in The Hindu Business Line, which is a prestigious Indian national daily. The article was published in 2004 and is called The Durability of Laloo Prasad Yadav. I found it to be a very informative piece. He is an Indian politician and he is full of humour. That's the best thing that I have seen about him. I'm not stating here that this is either a political blog, which it is not, and I am not making a case out for any politician here. But I'm writing about something that I found fascinating.

This person is the present Railway Minister of the country and all of us that he has been able to turn around Indian Railways in a most remarkable manner. The Indian Railways network is one of the biggest the world over and for a number of years, rather ever since the Indian independence in 1947, it had always been a loss making government enterprise. But after Laloo Prasad Yadav took over, he ensured that it started making profits. He has been much appreciated for this turnaround. He has received international business acclaim for this feat.

Anyway, I was able to discover his blog. I thought that was something. So, there are two blog posts and this is hosted under celebrity blogs at Mypopkorn and the link is http://www.mypopkorn.com/blogs/celebrityindex.html -- you could see that one is a blog about the Indo-US nuclear deal and in the other, he thanks people. Both blogs are available in English as well as in Hindi and there is a podcast in Laloo's voice, where he speaks in Hindi.

No comments:

This blog is about a personal history but also about a professional life. It is about an English professor but also about a professional translator. It is in fact about a life well-lived and how to live a life pretty well.

Widget

ss_blog_claim=2b78926a66a7a4aaa4d737c54b6ecab7