Monday, August 4, 2008

Nazim Hikmet

Nazim Hikmet (1902-June 3, 1963) was one of the most celebrated poets of the twentieth century. He was Turkish and a leftist intellectual. I would like to give you a very interesting quote from Hikmet:

Living is no laughing matter:
you must live with great seriousness
like a squirrel, for example-
I mean without looking for something beyond and above living,
I mean living must be your whole occupation.


You could learn more about his works at the Marxists.org archive and the link is here. And my message to all my friends is to 'stop acting and start living'.

No comments:

This blog is about a personal history but also about a professional life. It is about an English professor but also about a professional translator. It is in fact about a life well-lived and how to live a life pretty well.

Widget

ss_blog_claim=2b78926a66a7a4aaa4d737c54b6ecab7